Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Pizza Box Story

While getting a small pizza at Papa Gino's, an epiphany, if you will, came to mind.

I was talking to David of DavidMangus Press about new projects he had going on, and while I don't feel as I should mention them at this point and time, I do think I can tell you a little bit about it.He had told me a theme to a new anthology that's going to feature some pretty incredible writers; while I asked if he had openings for it, he offered me a shot to submit for it, pending if my story is good and not crap, of course.

What came to mind was written on top of, on the side of and inside a pizza box while I was sitting in the truck, waiting.Though it wasn't a full length short story or anything--it was just a good start to one, and according to the Microsoft Word count, 943 words were written on that pizza box.
I'm surprised the ink didn't fade from the steam.

This little story of fiction is called "Room 409." I won't begin to mention what it's about yet in fear that my story would not be selected in this anthology of super-cool-writers.

However, if my story is one of selection, I'd be more than happy to tell you all about it when the time comes.

No comments: