Friday, May 4, 2007

Amazon.com news/Info on my short for MagusPress/the late night hours of a writer.

AMAZON.COM
First and foremost, my bestselling short on Amazon.com, Phil's Place, to my estimate, sold quite a few copies, giving me more than the pro-rate allocated in standard markets--yay for me.But that's not the news.Amazon.com has officially accepted part 2 to Phil's Place, being titled Darkness Won't Rest: Phil's Place II, which is a run off of the events that happened 11 months later.I will soon be working on a third and final installment of novella-length, ending the trilogy up to a very surprising turn of events.That's the great thing about writing: you never know what twists and turns await around every typed word.And I'd like to thank Daniel Slater and all the Amazon staff for accepting these stories, and to my newly found editor, Maggie, who is doing a standout job with my work.

FOR MANGUSPRESS.
Well, it wasn't too long ago when I had sent out an E-mail asking if there were any upcoming projects or anthologies from MangusPress. To my surprise, I got an E-mail back almost right away saying that a new project was lined up with other authors already being accepted and all that and that it'd be nice to have me apart of the cast.Awesome!Well, I was planning to have it done by Monday, but as luck would have it, I had more pressing things to do, including family/personal stuff; I'm still working on it and will have it done by the end of the week even if it kills me.MangusPress is a nice, new and refreshing taste of horror literature. And I'm hoping that they'd like the short enough to put it in the anthology.When I finish writing it, and send it in, and when I hear back from them, I'll let you all know how it goes.
AH, THE LATE-NIGHT LIFE OF A WRITER.
Yes. I lead a very unusual late-night life. I stay up until the wee hours of the morning and sleep all day--unless I have to be awake for something important.
This is what I do. I write nearly every second I can when I'm not busy doing everything else--and considering my part-time job is only two days a week, well that gives me a full five days to write my ass off, now doesn't it?
Maybe I have a sleep disorder. Who knows? Who cares? I don't.
All I know is I need to get my ass writing, and writing quickly. I'm hoping to finally finish Snow Hill by June 1, 2007, than hand it in to the talented Leya Booth for her editorial skills and see if anyone would pick it up. I thought about it for a while... Snow Hill doesn't seem to follow any publishers groove; maybe it's a Tor novel. I doubt Leisure. It doesn't have enough violence for them, I don't think. It does have one steamy sex scene. Oh, man!Maybe one of the small presses will take a stab at it.Who knows? Who cares? I do.
Snow Hill is a three-year project. That's how long it took me to get at it, and I had to speak to some cops about the specifics--and it's a good thing last summer the police, fire and paramedics had a softball game at the park across from where I work. Oh, I was hitting them up with all sorts of questions, so naturally, my dedication would go to them for their help and expertise and for saving the lives that they do each and every day.
After Snow Hill is completed, I will be taking a shot at a story based on Spider Gates. And for those of you who do not know what it is, I suggest Googling it. Googling? That kind of sounds kinky, huh?
My agent, whom I had for such a short time is retiring and I'm on the lookout for a new one. Any suggestions?I think I may have found one, but she lacks a certain amount of experience, and dealing with people these days, you need to have 30 years of experience in something. I'd settle for 5 or 10.
Well, I'll keep you all posted on anything that comes from any of these three topics.

No comments: